If you’re having a late Fall wedding and are still looking for the perfect signature cocktail…look no further! Check out these seasonal concoctions to get inspired.
Makes: 10 to 12 servings
Prep 20 mins
Chill 4 hrs
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 64 ounce bottle apple-cranberry juice
- 4 medium purple and/or green plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 750 milliliter bottle Gewurztraminer, or other fruity white wine*
- Place cloves and vanilla bean in center of a double-thick 6-inch square of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Bring corners of cloth together; tie closed with clean string. Pour apple-cranberry juice into a large container or pitcher. Add plums and spice bag. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Remove and discard cheesecloth bag. Stir in Gewurztraminer. Serve beverage and plum slices over ice. (Or omit the ice and heat the juice mixture and wine in a 4-quart Dutch oven until hot. Serve in heatproof mugs.) Makes 10 to 12 servings.
*Nonalcoholic Option: Substitute two 12-ounce cans chilled ginger ale for the Gewurztraminer, and serve over ice.
Tennessee Cherry Cocktail
Makes: 1 servings
Start to Finish 15 mins
- 6 fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 1/2 ounces cherry-infused whiskey or whiskey
- 1 teaspoon cocoa or chocolate coffee syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 10- to 12-ounce old fashioned glass, muddle cherries, whiskey, syrup, and vanilla with a fork. Add ice.
Winter Fruit Sangria
Makes: 8 servings
Prep 15 mins
Chill Up to24 hrs
- 6 dried Calimyrna (light) figs, sliced
- 6 dried apricots, cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 750 milliliter bottle Rioja or Merlot
- 1 10 ounce bottle club soda
- In a saucepan stir together the dried fruits, brandy, and honey. Cook over medium-low heat until simmering. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Add wine; stir. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- To serve, strain sangria into a pitcher. Add ice cubes and club soda; stir gently. Makes 8 servings.
Apple Cider Punch
Makes: 15 servings
Serving size: 6 ounces
Yield: 11-1/2 cups
Start to Finish 5 mins
- 6 cups apple cider
- 2 cups orange juice, cranberry-raspberry juice, or orange-mango juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 750 milliliter bottle sparkling white grape juice or sparkling wine
- In punch bowl, large pitcher, or pitchers combine apple cider, orange juice, and lemon juice.
- Slowly add sparkling white grape juice or sparkling wine. Serve immediately. Makes 11-1/2 cups (about 15, 6-ounces)
(recipes and images via bhg.com)